General Hint Drone for a kid

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by lord, Dec 16, 2015.

1. lord

lord New Member

Has anyone used or maybe bought for their kids/someone a drone or quadcopter type thing that you would recommend? My kid wants one and I don't really have any useful knowledge of them.

I'm considering something like this Syma X5C or UDI U818A or Hubsan Quads X4 which all seem very reasonably priced

Thanks.

edit: I forgot to mention that more flight time and less charge time is a big consideration, the camera functionality maybe not as much.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  2. lord

lord New Member

Too bad nobody replied my thread ...

I have been researching more and came to a conclusion that Hubsan Quads X4 would be the best fit for my search (these guys have recommended it as a good beginner drone). What do you think - should I pull the trigger?

3. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

Why not? Go for it. I don't think you should worry about flight times, just get a few spare batterries.

4. SpeedRacerXT

SpeedRacerXT New Member

Little late for a reply here but might be of use for others looking for a decent, entry MR/quad. Any of the ones the OP listed are excellent starter quads. I actually own and have flown the X5C-1 and the Hubsan Quads X4. Both are great flyers and awesome to learn on. It's also pretty easy to get replacement parts and batteries for both of those as well. The X5C is a bit larger and is a very stable and forgiving outdoors flyer. And I agree about getting whichever quad you want along with some spare batteries just so you can fly longer between charges. Typically you can get great prices when you order from China via sites like Gearbest and Banggood. They also carry spare parts and batteries - the only real drawback is fairly long shipping wait times. Of course if you are willing to spend more you can always buy locally.