Do you know the Ghost Drone from Ehang? Awful experience

Discussion in 'New Products, News, Advancements, etc.' started by Marco Ab, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Marco Ab

Marco Ab New Member

Hello guys,
    I am writing on here today because I would like to ask your opinion about my experience.

Around one year ago I bought a Ghost Drone from Ehang.

After 4 times I have used the Drone, while I was flying it, the drone suddenly stopped flying and it fell on the ground without any evident reason.
    I contacted Ehang straightaway and I was suggested to update the firmware and to calibrate the drone with their software but unfortunately this did not work.

I contacted again Ehgan and my reference was Mr C.
    After explaining the issues of the drone Mr C. agreed to send me a new drone in substitution to the faulty one.

For 1 month I have been speaking with Mr C. who informed me that the team was working for that until Mr C. disappeared.

I kept sending emails to Ehang and Mr K. G. (European general manager) informed me Mr C. was not working for them anymore.
    He also informed me that was not possible having a new model and I had a few options:
    *I could choose to add EUR 120 to buy the new drone 2.0.
    *I could send the drone to Germany and paying for the delivery

I refused both of them as I was promised to have a new drone.

Mr K. G. told me that it is a gesture of goodwill having the drone repaired while under warranty.
    This statement is quite wrong as it is a consumer right having an item repaired for free if the item itself is defective.

Since everything seemed to be lost, I decided to write on the Ehang Facebook page and I got banned, I cannot write on their page anymore. I understand that they ban people who write negative feedback despite telling the truth.

After that moment I have sent 10s emails to Ehang but they have never replied.

The questions are: Can an international company behave in this way? Is it right buying again from this Company? they should be fined for such a behavior.

What do you thing guys?

Thanks
    Marco

2. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

:). NO.

3. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

I don't trust that company either.
    In the USA they claim a crash warranty - they will fix it if it crashes.

I don't have much faith. I talked to them at CES and was not impressed.

I think they will burn through their investment money and be gone. IMHO, of course!

4. Marco Ab

Marco Ab New Member

You are absolutely right.
    You know what?

I keep sending them email but they do not come back.

The must have banned me everywhere including Facebook.

I just find it very unprofessional.

By the way, for everyone here, this post is a good feedback about where to buy drones or not.

Thanks
    Marco

5. DeadGrunt

DeadGrunt New Member

I know there are many good products out there, but I also felt like a second class person talking with them at CES 2016. I was asking questions about the Ehang 184 human drone. Unless you had a suit, Rolex, and a hot-model on your arm, they pretty much only looked my way when no one else was around. And then it was pretty much a one-syllable answer. Never gave them or their products a second thought, nor will I ever again. I hope they do the right thing and live by their warranty but sounds you made their list of people like me.