Chroma Fly Away?

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Kevin Montgomery, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Kevin Montgomery

Kevin Montgomery New Member

Less than a month ago I purchased a Blade Chroma from my local RC shop. I flew it 3 times and the camera stopped working. My RC shop sent the drone back to Horizon Hobby who took almost 3 weeks to return it to me. They were very good about repairing the drone at no charge, but of course it was still under warranty. Then, two days after I got it back, I was flying it in my local park when to my surprise, the GPS shut off and the ST10+ controlled told me to fly the drone manually. When I went to take control of the drone, the ST10+ lost connection with the drone and it left, I assume to a newer better home. The wind was light and the skies were cleared. I was only at about 100' altitude and about 300' from me well within sight of the drone.
    I was not able to locate it after several hours of looking. My question for the group is have others experienced this with the Chroma?
    I have contacted Horizon Hobby and they asked me to send the ST10+ controller back so they can take the telemetry off it and make a decision on what they are going to do for me.

2. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

Ours flew away but there was something to crash into.
    A number of others have reported similar incidents.

I assumed that they had fixed the problem with newer production versions - but maybe not.

While most quadcopters are not warranted against being lost, this is obviously a known problem and HH will probably replace it for you.

Good Luck....I think they will come through but it still does not inspire confidence in the bird.

3. Kevin Montgomery

Kevin Montgomery New Member

Thanks! Yeah I have read this is a common problem with the Chroma. I just cracked it up to being an electronic device but it seems like it is more common and they are aware. I have always had good luck with HH and I really hoping they will come through for me. I sent my ST10 off today so hopefully I will hear soon.