Cheerson CX 10 review - Is it the perfect beginner drone?

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Paul Archer, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Paul Archer

Paul Archer New Member

Being the smallest quadcopter at the time, I ventured in purchasing this little bug in my beginnings in this hobby.
    [​IMG]

I did no mistake as it was totally the most fun I had with a toy in years.

I think it's a very good choice for all beginners and kids especially ( considering you use a prop guard) because it's so small, yet has the benefit of great stabilization and even the ability to do all kinds of flips and barell rolls.

I've used quite a few toy grade drones in my time, yet this one was probably one of the most resilient. I must admit however that the props do break pretty quickly, fortunately these are very very cheap to replace.

I have written a more complete review here about it: dronesbuyer.com/cheerson-cx-10-nano-drone-review/

So, overall, here are the things that I like about it:

1. The price - I'm telling you, nothing can beat the price of this one. It's usually at about $15 in any store and you can even find offers. Additional props and prop guards are dirt cheap too.
    2. It's really small - A big advantage for beginners that want to start flying inside, as they get to have more space overall to fly it within.
    3. It has a compact and sturdy frame - I really like the design on this one. Compared to, let's say, an Estes Proto X that has very frail motor arms.
    4. It can do flips very well - I can't tell you how amazed my friends were when I even told them that the little thing can fly. Imagine how shocked they were when they saw the flips and barrell rolls on the Cheerson!
    5. The battery life is good - It's not great compared to bigger quadcopters, but considering the size of this one and it's speed there's no other option. The advantage I'm talking about here is that the charging time is very short too. I usually charged it for like 15 or so min and it flew for 5, which is a great deal.
    Overall, I recommend this not only to beginners, but even to pro's, who are facing rainy days and want to practice and have some fun inside.

It wouldn't be fair if I would not state the opposite things too so here we go.

Here are some things that I don't really like about it:

1. Too small to fly outside in strong wind. In the sport mode (it has 3 flying modes), it does really well for its size, but I still faced difficulties when stronger winds took it away from me and I had to stop the motors and let it fall down.
    2. The battery can't be easily replaced - In fact, it's not made to be replaced. Not a big deal, but it would be cool to rapidly change batteries after a flight and enjoy another right away instead of having to resort to charging it again.
    SO, here it is. My special review for droneflyers forum. I hope you enjoy it,and like always you can follow me on facebook and check out my site (I left a link above that gets you right to the review) DronesBuyer.com.

2. PeteSco

PeteSco Member

Would you sugest it over a Global Drone GW008 Mini Skull?

3. Flying Frenchman

Flying Frenchman New Member

The Cheerson C10 is a nice little drone. I bought one to use inside as well as let my wife learn how to fly using it. I also bought a FQ 777 -124 which is a very similar drone, as all the parts are interchangeable. However, you can use the transmitter from the FQ777-124 to recharge both the Cheerson C10 and the FQ777-124 without using any other source of power. There are four batteries in the transmitter and a special plug already incorporated to charge the quads. That is very usefull when you are out in the field.

4. PeteSco

PeteSco Member

I'm actually uncertain between this and FQ777-126C which are both on sale at geekbuying (link). Any thoughts?

5. Flying Frenchman

Flying Frenchman New Member

I do not have the FQ777-126c but I have the FQ777-124 which is nearly identical to the Cheerson CX-10. However I like the fact that you can recharge the drone directly with the transmitter for the FQ777-124. For a mini drone like these, I am not sure if it is really worth to have a camera as you will always have to adjust the flight pattern. Personnaly, if you want a drone with a camera, you should look at a Syma x5c-1: bigger quad, easier to fly and cheap and available parts. The Symax5c-1 is fun to fly outside, can take abuse and is considered by many as the best drone for beginners. There are many sites and videos on the web for the Syma. Check it out and you may want to spend a bit more for a really good quadcopter.

6. PeteSco

PeteSco Member