Buy drone under 150$

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by teodoulke, Nov 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teodoulke

teodoulke New Member

Hello i am begginer at drones and i want to buy a cheap drone to learn it. But cause my job need a camera i want a drone with a little good camera, a good range and is fpv. I see many drones, like Syma x8g with 5mp camera but isnt fpv, tarantula (something, not remember the full name :p) have also 5mp camera, but is only 5minutes the flight and is China (that means no good production). Also now i see the WLtoys V686G 4Ch 5.8 fpv with 2 mp camera but i see the fligh is about 5-8 minutes but have good camera for 2mp and the range is very very good for the money (i see the video on youtube). Syma x5c is good but the camera is very very bad and if it have a little little wind can't fly. Have anyone to suggest me a drone? Please i have confused so much and i need it. After this i will buy a better drone, i hope . Thanks a lot!

DroneIreland likes this.
  2. teodoulke

teodoulke New Member

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Syma-X8G-2-4G-4CH-RC-Quadcopter-Drone-FPV-RTF-Headless-Mode-With-8MP-HD-Camera-/151824345545 It says FPV but havent screen on the control. Can someone explain me?

3. Fred

Fred New Member

If you want something NOT made in China, FORGET IT! I believe they are all made there. Unless you want to build one yourself out of China made parts.

4. teodoulke

teodoulke New Member

So cause i dont know to build i will buy one. I think i can give more 150$ maybe 200-220$. Can u suggest me one fpv, good cam and a good range drone? thanks

5. Mrkevo1800

Mrkevo1800 New Member

Watch "ElectroHub Quadcopter with Leds" on YouTube

6. teodoulke

teodoulke New Member

I cant find more details about this drone electro hub :/ ... come guys help please! If need i will give 200$ ! I cant find one! I start ti think to buy a expensive for first time buy i know that i will destroy it...

7. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

I still think a Hubsan Quads X4 is a great starter drone - you can fly it indoors or outdoors - and learn a lot.

You are not going to get a good camera on a model for that price. You could buy a Syma X8C and remove the camera and install a Mobius or Yi camera for some decent still photos. Videos will not be good on any drone without a gimbal (in general).
    Our suggested models are here:
    https://www.droneflyers.com/2014/11/best-quadcopters-for-2015/

8. teodoulke

teodoulke New Member

Cause as i said i need the camera to make some videos. I know that the price i search all camera drones are sucks, the only one i see with a little good camera is Syma x8g but it isnt FPV. So i think to take Syma x8c or x8w cause is fpv and buy a little good camera as you said me. But i dont know if the new camera works at FPV and if it easy to make it alone cause i am new at drones. At future if i learn to fly it and make this 2-3 videos i want with my first drone (my job is to sell videos) i think to buy a Phantom drone, but is early to talk about this.
    Or if i can make FPV the Syma x8g will be more better! i dont want to spend more 200-220$ for first time. Also now i see MJX 101 that is fpv and have a little good camera as i see on the youtube. I think i look Syma series X8 and MJX 101 cause is a little big drones. Thanks

9. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

You can do FPV with the Yi or the Mobius or the Runcam. But it takes a small amount of work. You will end up with MUCH better video. You can also use an 808 camera which also has much better quality than the stock cameras.

This is the 808 - make sure you get the real one, there are a lot of fakes:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-DVR-808-Car-Key-Chain-Micro-Camera-16-Real-HD-720P-H-264-Pocket-Camcorder-/180776698380

So if you want to do FPV with a better camera you need to buy the following:

1. A quadcopter with enough payload (Syma X8 may be best).
    2. The 808 camera - it comes with cables for composite video output
    3. A transmitter for FPV to be mounted on the quadcopter
    4. A receiver and monitor for you to see what the camera sees.

If you feel more comfortable with something that is ready-to-fly, you can consider the X8 that works with an iphone (wireless FPV).
    Something like this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Potensic%C2%AE-Version-Venture-Pixels-Quadcopter/dp/B011BPX8E2/

10. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

It's tough to get all you want in your price range, going to your first post the WLtoys V686G FPV may be an OK choice. Like all things to get something a little better usually entails a lot more money.

The video is actually quite decent for it's class.

http://www.Banggood.com/WLtoys-V686G-FPV-Headless-Mode-RC-Quadcopter-with-2MP-Camera-p-965223.html

Banggood BTW seems to be a better seller than GearBest.

11. teodoulke

teodoulke New Member

I think is hard to do it alone cause i havent idea. I havent touch a drone yet so i think is better to buy a new and when i will buy the second drone i will make some experiments.

Wltoys seems to be that i need but i read many bad comments from buyers, for example, the engines stop working after 2-3 flights or not working the drone and many others comments.

12. RGJameson

RGJameson Active Member

Buy spare motors.

13. teodoulke

teodoulke New Member

finally i decide to buy a drone under 400-420$ (with shipping :p ) with good cam, fpv , good range and a good flight time! What drone u suggest me? Also i will buy a cheap drone with 40-60$ to learn to flight it .

14. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

My drone of choice would be Syma x5sw, it's cheap, comes with solid FPV camera, and it's medium in size. Ideal for learning how to fly if you ask me!

15. DroneIreland

DroneIreland New Member

Eachine Racer 250 FPV Drone and Transmitter plus a 7 Inch Monitor and HD Camera. The Eachine Racer 250 is an affordable entry level racing drone suitable for beginners. Ready to fly version which includes a Radio and video monitor. Super Strong – Super Cool, Fast Racing Drone.
    See more at -
    http://discountdrone.xyz/

Attached Files:

RGJameson likes this.
  16. lord

lord New Member

I can recommend you Hubsan Quads X4 Quadcopter with FPV Camera Toy
    I think you can find at Amazon for $ 140

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.