Blog Article Continuation(s) Best Quadcopters for Holiday Gifts?

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by webman, Oct 8, 2013.

1. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

This will serve as a continuation of a list just published on the blog at:
    https://www.droneflyers.com/2013/10/best-quadcopters-for-2013-holiday-gift-giving/

Some of these are not even available easily yet, but will probably be on the wish list of many people over the holiday season. Please add any suggestions for beginners and intermediate flyers below - specifically looking for new stuff introduced within the last 6 months or next 2 or 3.

Thanks!

2. jbrumberg

jbrumberg Member

Curtis Youngblood Stingray 500 Full Collective Pitch 3D Quadcopter. I think these things begin to start somewhere around $800. Any "beginner" who can afford to dish out money like this is one lucky person. Even if it is the holiday season. Anybody out there come January, 2014: If you decide this hobby is not for you. Let me know. I will definitely be interested in purchasing any slightly used quad in decent shape.

3. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

Hah, you are talking to someone who paid $5500 for an IBM PC in 1982 that I had no idea what I was going to do with. But that was for business!

I think there will be an incredible amount of $80-$500 quadcopters sold in the next couple of months. In fact, I think they are being sold right now!

My Book sales seem to be increasing which is a good sign.

4. HX4

HX4 New Member

Under $100 category: RC Logger One S

Have not flown this model. Based on reviews & their website/forum it seems to be a well designed and built quad. Good for newb beginners to expert quad fliers. The company looks to be really into R&D & testing before putting out the final production model. Willing to listen to user feedback. The FPV/video option kit, availability of reasonably priced spare parts, being able to use the TX with the soon to be released Xtreme puts it #1 on my list of quads. The Xtreme for a dedicated FPV/video quad is #2.

5. I have reservations with regards to anyone recommending a nano quad as a beginner quad. Anything that breaks so easily tends to discourage one from continuing in the hobby. I'd definitely recommend to others that they start at at least the Heli SQ1 or Hubsan Quads H107L X4 Mini (although I personally would not recommend the later, as I had a lot of problems with this quad).

Just my opinion for what its worth. Ed