Best functional quad with camera?

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Apollo, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Apollo

Apollo New Member

I am looking for a copter, preferably with the motors and circuitry enclosed, to make simple panning shots with. Autocorrection would be nice as this is out in the country and there are few barriers should winds pick up. Also one with its own remote - I'm not using a cellphone to operate one of these, The range is too short for the video I'm wanting to take and I'm better with a remote than i am with a touchscreen. I tried the V666N and the second day I had it one of the motors started getting sluggish - why I want one with enclosures now. It's added weight sure but it'll last longer ideally. Price is an object so I would like to keep this below the range of your average HDTV.

2. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

Exact budget?
    Panning shots...if I get you right you then mean video?

The 666 and all those types are "toy grade" and will not take serious footage or last - without GPS you will likely lose them quickly.
    Basically, a good model starts at $499 for the Phantom 3 Standard - with camera and remote. The camera is stabilized so the video panning will look like a "tripod in the sky" as you see in many of the vids in our picture section.

Anything less than that is really only decent for still pictures - and even then you have to fudge things...