Bayangtoys X9 upgrades

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Sid_Yung, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Sid_Yung

Sid_Yung New Member

Hey Guys,

I found a video of an upgraded X9 which looks really fun, am not yet at fpv level, but I would like to know if some of these upgrades are possible without the need to flash the board on the x9, the person on video upgraded the frame, motors, battery, added fpv setup, and flashed the x9 board with different software. I would like to start with just the first 2 or 3 listed and maybe later on go for the fpv, or even attempt the software flash.

In addition just for factory motor upgrade or replacement, it was commented on another post to use these 4x Chaoli 6x15mm, but original post never confirmed how the worked after that.

I was helped to find this Bayangtoys X9 on here, and I think it is a great starting quad, and I think it can help many more, maybe we can keep this post to all related X9 questions, and upgrades! :D

2. Sid_Yung

Sid_Yung New Member

Hey guys, I noticed a few people took at a look at post, and no takers into it.. But I finally got my parts from Banggood.com and the mods where successful! :D, first time doing some soldering on a board this small, and also just doing this over all on my first quad, I made some changes of my own in regards to the original modded one on the video, none the less here are some pics of the results, enjoy, and as always, any recommendation, or positive criticism, or wisdom is always welcome!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This little guy now feels really powerful, had to re-calibrate and make sure motors had pretty good positioning, and that was all to get it to take off, power is crazy for indoors now, but can still be used if really careful, If I get a chance soon, I will take it outdoors, and see how it handles..

The items ordered for this mod are [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    do take in consideration that I had already a x9 with a broken motor, but all I used from original toy was FC, transmitter, and cut the mounting part of original frame for better mounting position to new frame, also the batteries are sold in packs of 5, sadly that raised the cost of the project, but as you can see total value was just below $37.

Like i said on original post, I'd like others to get a full idea of this, and maybe start making mods of their own, and posting it, thrilled to see what others make..

Ps. These motors can lift a bigger frame easy imo.. might be future project!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016