Multirotor News Link And another bad idea....

Discussion in 'New Products, News, Advancements, etc.' started by IceFyre13th, Jun 10, 2013.

1. IceFyre13th

IceFyre13th Guest

People and rotors do not mix, I wish these type of videos would stop being made....

2. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

This one got a LOT of play - I heard it on many top radio and other programs.....

My take is this. This stuff is all just PR and public interest. At some point in the future - probably not too far - flying machines will be required to have vast safety systems built in if they fly over public areas...if at all. These would include parachutes, air bags, prop guards and systems which take the danger down to as low as with helicopters, private planes, etc

They would have to prove this in tests.

But we haven't gotten even close to that place yet. Such a quad would probably cost north of 10K or 20K unless it was mass produced by the millions.

Until then I look at this stuff like flying car demo's from decades ago and human jetpack videos. As I'm sure you realize, something bad is going to happen. But that's what it takes for things to come into focus. It was only when whole blocks started to burn down that they came up with firewalls, etc.

Hopefully, the FAA has this stuff in mind as they revamp. I can't imagine, given the statistical facts (quad falling out of the sky constantly) that they would not be pondering it.

3. RanTalbott

RanTalbott New Member

To paraphrase Captain Kirk: I want to know what happened with DOMINOS_TESTDELIVERY_00000 through 00031 :rolleyes:

4. WaikikiBob

WaikikiBob New Member

edit: Oops saw someone posted a thread about this specific flying sushi thing already https://www.droneflyers.com/talk/threads/flying-trays.136/
    How about flying sushi? We are going to see attention getting stunts like this more and more and it will only serve to hurt not help the hobby. IMO.

"
    YO! Sushi: The world's first flying waiter - the 'iTray'"

5. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, it's like the internet.

It was OUR hobby to have all these local BB's and our slow modems....and then the internet came along and ruined all of it for us!
    :cool:

Now we have to deal with all those folks commenting on all the news stories on CNN, etc....

I propose we implement a test and not allow the rabble onto the internet unless they pass a "surfers test". Among the questions is "what happens when a TCP/IP packet is blocked by a broken cable?". Second question is showing them these three guys and they must be able to name them!
    [​IMG]