AEE AP10 PRO QUESTIONS

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Rcartes1, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Rcartes1

Rcartes1 New Member

Hi All,

Questions regarding the AEE AP10 PRO.
    I purchased this quad a few weeks ago and finally got around to setting up. I had a crash during maiden flight (in the house) and broke the prop guards. I have fixed it and decided maybe it would be a good idea to fly outside.

Well, now when i go to the local HS to fly and calibrate the GPS and arm the drone and take off i have a few issues

Issues:
    1) Camera App - the specified app is AEE APP+ while I can pair to it the drone also has a WIFI repeater. If you pair the app successfully and then try to pair to the repeater it drop the app. Then you try to pair the app it drops the repeater. I havent been able to stay connected with both. Any ideas?
    2) Once I take off and get to about 70 or 80 feet away I lose GPS (which I believe its actually WIFI signal) and the drone goes into RTH and comes back and lands within a few feet of the take-off point (at least that works). Not sure if this is a reault of issue #1.
    3) there is no telemetry in the suggested app. Are there any generic apps that are configurable to pair to other drones that will display telemetry data (altitude, heading, speed, compass)

Thank you in advance. I know that was long winded and if i need to break this up in three posts please let me know.

Thanks rcartes1

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  2. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

These are educated guesses....

You are correct - #1 is causing #2. Without the repeater working correctly, you have no range so the RTH goes into gear.
    As far as fixing it - carefully check the manual and any online forums or hints. Other than trying repeatedly, you are going to have to call or contact AEE as I cannot find any detailed troubleshooting online.

As fas as #3 - I think that what you have is likely what you will have to live with. There are 3rd party apps but, in general, they only display telemetry that is already there. We have to assume that AEE just does not include telemetry data in their FT feed.

Sorry for the lack of good answers...it is not a big selling drone so the range of experiences is not vast...

3. Rcartes1

Rcartes1 New Member

Thank you Webman,
    I did contact AEE and they confirmed i should be 1) using a different AEE app (AEE_AP+). Once i installed this app i did get some telemetry data which is a good thing. The other issue still remains AEE instructed me to use the repeaters SID and not the drones. When i do this the app doesnt connect. If i revert back to the drones SID it connects to the app and i can see what the drone sees and have telemetry data.
    Getting closer.... over all if the drone does what it is supposed to it should be a good fast beginner... but for this price point there are other DJIs that would be a better option.
    Im not ready to give up yet..... Thank you again for reponding and helping.
    Rcartes1

4. Rcartes1

Rcartes1 New Member

I figured it out guys!!!
    Connecting to the Repeater on the AEE AP10 PRO

1) Power on the repeater
    2) Connect the repeaters wifi to your device (password "AEE12345")
    3) Press and hold the "PBC" button on the repeater until the lights flashes
    4) Power on the drone and wait for it to cycle
    5) Open the AEE_AP+ app and try to connect to the drone.

5. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

Great to hear!
    Persistence is the key. Machines are sometimes stubborn, but I am more stubborn than they are.

Rcartes1 likes this.
  6. Rcartes1

Rcartes1 New Member

Thank you Webman. Im the same way.

Now im waiting for it to cool down a bit to go test (Houston heat) and see if i can get some range. If so i will be looking into the range extenders (itelite range extenders) to see if they have one that works with the AP10 PRO.

Thanks!
    Rcartes1

7. Dvious1214

Dvious1214 New Member

Thanks so much for this post ive bewn having a similar issues with my ap10 , refusingvto return i decided to keep trying, my drones wifi signal often doesnt show. I will try this solution .. thanks again

8. Tainonative

Tainonative New Member

i have the Aee AP10 drone but im having problems with the app ive tried ap ap app 00000000 and 12344 but when it comes to me transferring my video or my image to my smart phone it says unstable what can i do is there a better functioning app i can use please help me out guys

9. Tainonative

Tainonative New Member

dvious what problem are you having

10. Tainonative

Tainonative New Member

what is the pbc button on the repeater

11. bradsayz

bradsayz New Member

Hi guys, so i was having the same issue. Would connect phone to WIFI extender, but no live video feedback. I ended up downloading about 5-6 different AEE app's and found that the app that says "AEE DRONES" on it's icon worked for me (version 2.45). i'm using a Blackberry SVT100-2 with android version 6.0.1

[​IMG]

Once downloaded turn the extender on, connect your phone to it's wifi signal, turn the drone on and lastly connect to it via the app.

What a headache this app has been to get working though. Cheers!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  12. Gary Burch

Gary Burch New Member

It took my a whole day to figure it out but you have to have the correct APP.
    The only one that worked for me was "AEE Apps+" - the one that says AEE Cams in the logo.

I had the same problem and at first I thought it was the app so I downloaded the app on my Ipad to test and I was getting the same result (I could connect to the WIFI but could not see the images from the camera).

Then I went into the WIFI settings from within the app by clicking 'Connect Wi-Fi' and I saw another SSID called (AEE Magicam). This was different than the first one I saw from following the instructions. After selecting that one and entering the password "00000000", I was able to connect and the images were now streaming from the camera to my ipad.

I repeated the same thing on my Samsung Note 6 in the AEE Apps+, and I was finally able to see the images from my camera.

I hope this saves anyone else all the time I spent trying to figure it out.

Jeremiah likes this.
  13. Tim Baker

Tim Baker New Member

Hopefully someone can answer this question;
    AP10 Pro, in GPS mode, press the home button, it does not return, it shoots straight up in the air, have to switch to nrm to get it back, GPS is active, and on, what would be the issue?
    Same thing, the training video shows, turn the remote off and the drone should return home, it does not, it shoots straight up in the air.
    Same drone, I was letting the battery run down while flying and hovering, its supposed to come back and land close to take off point when its at 10% but it does not. All of these seem to be a GPS function, but GPS is on steady green light, all toggles in proper position, Is there some issue with the drone or is there something I am missing. It is brand new by the way.

Thanks for any answers

14. joemike

joemike New Member

hi ,the drone is designed to go up 25meters and stabilize before slowly hovering back down.this is normal.make sure you've calibrated your compass for the location you are at and the rear light stays solid green before you take flight.i hope this helps

15. JayK

JayK New Member

Sounds like you need to calibrate the Compass (GPS) .. Have you done the calibration, 4 steps? Everytime you move to different place to fly you need to calibrate Compass

16. Roxby

Roxby New Member

Roxby everytime I try to use the app for my ap10 I get this message {oops! to access wifi from this hotspot you may need to accept terms of use or log in. Open browser to continue }
    if I choose yes it wont let me cause I'm connected to the Aee wifi ...if I choose cancel it kicks me off th app and wifi

17. gfab71

gfab71 New Member

Hi, bought AEE AP10PRO some days ago and can't reach the FPV screen because the AP+ stop running and crashes, returning to the smartphone home screen.
    I've tried these 5 steps, but the app won't connect. Now i have sent a request at the AEE Service, because i 'm satisfied for the drone, but i cannot have the live view FPV screen and so i cannot plan correctly my video records from the drone (drone camera works ok, i took pics and videos, BUT without having the app running on my ASUS ZENFONE 2 DELUXE...)
    Any other tips from AP10PRO users ?

18. gfab71

gfab71 New Member

Partially solved: the app not works with my Zenfone 2 Deluxe, but works fine with the Asus Zenpad 3S 10... seems to be an incompatibility between the app and my smartphone, i now use the tablet (not docked to the RC , but on a little support with its cover stand)

19. RichieV

RichieV New Member

I just got the AP10 Pro recently and I am very new to drones. I am getting the hang of flying, but I am wondering if I really need to calibrate the compass every time I fly at a new location. Isn't just a GPS lock all that is needed to have it return to home? Thanks all in advance

20. tony83

tony83 New Member

i just got the ap10 pro from a relative..when i power on the front green tail lights blink rapidly, which i thought meant it needs calibration but i have tried numerous times...can anyone help?