1. bradypunch

bradypunch New Member

I am new to the Drone/Quad Copter scene and I would like some friendly advice on where to spend my money. I have read reviews, e-brochures, and some forum traffic as well. I will use my drone for pictures and video, but it will mostly be for fun. I already own a GoPro Hero 3 so I am hoping to put it to use. I am not trying to break the bank on it.....Here is a list of drones I have my eye on; I would appreciate if you all could point me in the right direction(even if you have alternatives that are not on my list).

Quanum Nova FPV - $320
    Walkera QR X350 - $400
    Blade 350 QX3 - $500
    SeresRoad CXHOBBY CX-20 - $355
    DJI Phantom- $700+

2. specter

specter Member

3. bradypunch

bradypunch New Member

I'll definitely look it up......in your opinion, is it a better option than the one I listed?

4. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

You didn't mention what you actually want to do with your quadcopter!

If you are truly new to flying quadcopters or flying R/C, you shouldn't start with any of those - you should start with a couple of the toy models like the Syma X11, etc. and fly the heck out of them to get practice on the sticks and movements. Then, after you crash or lose a couple $30-$60 quads, you can figure out if you want something fancier.

The Eye One Extreme (IMHO) is not the best model for beginners...I'm flying one right now and I'd say it takes a certain skill level not to crash or lose the thing.