3DR solo question

Discussion in 'Specific Models of Quadcopters and Drones' started by Smurf, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Smurf

Smurf New Member

I Have been reading up camera drones and am trying to eliminate the ones with the most problems.I was hoping you could tell me why the Solo is not a recommended choice.I have looked at dji and some of the horror stories about their customer service really do have me thinking twice about doing business with them.This will be a first drone but I do not want a toy.I am an amateur photographer and need 4k prefer uhd.

2. Smurf

Smurf New Member

nm I found an article that explains it...
    3DR Solo is a NoGo

3. webman

webman Administrator Staff Member

3DR is, for all purposes, gone from the earth. They have no factory, no production, no R&D and no money.
    Nuff said.

As far as DJI, they have sold millions of drones (well, maybe 2 million) and it took a while for them to get better in the customer service department. However, some of the problems are due to clueless pilots who don't know how to troubleshoot and expect crashes to be warranted, etc.

I wouldn't worry about DJI service in the USA - they are down to a 5 day turnaround.
    BUT, if you are generally the worrying type you can buy 3rd party crash insurance from a company like Neary Aerial.

The bottom lines is that the best customer service is the one you will never need.